Committee and Contact Persons
The WPT Junior committee is headed by Tony Loubser.
A full list of the Junior Committee can be downloaded here.
WP SCHOOLS TENNIS
Everything you need to know about High School Tennis
HIGH SCHOOLS TRIALS &TSA SCHOOLS WEEK
In October 2012 TSA and SA Schools Tennis announced that they had reached agreement that the High Schools Interpro would be combined with the Provincial Interpro so as to reduce the cost burden on parents and create a prestigious new tournament, which would also replace the Provincial Interpro (normally in April/May of each year). The event would be known as the TSA Schools Week and would be run jointly by the Provincial Associations and the Schools Tennis bodies. Important aspects of this event are:
All juniors will be allowed to participate in the schools week on condition that they are enrolled in an approved educational program in the country. Home schooled players will therefore be allowed to participate.
· Non-South African players can form part of the provincial teams but will not be considered for the SA Schools side.
· All participating players must be registered with TSA. A comprehensive plan for registering all players will be put forward soon.
· As discussed at the meeting during the 2012 schools tournament, the following provinces will be assisted by having to pay a reduced contribution (depending on possible funding from TSA): Boland, Border, Eastern Province, South Western Districts and Western Province.
· All teams flying to Johannesburg or Lanseria will be collected at the airport and transported between venues during the tournament.
· The TSA High Schools tournament for 2013 will consist of an U/15 & U/19 competition.
· The 2013 U/15 & U/19 tournament will be held in Pretoria from 20 – 24 March.
In view of the trials that had already taken place, the High Schools Committee and WP Junior Tennis Committee have agreed as follows regarding the further organisation of the trials and the composition of the team to represent WP at the TSA Schools Week.
1. The second round of these trials, scheduled for this weekend, will continue.
2. The top 4 players from these trials (at under 15 and under 19) will go forward to a 3rd round of trials, to be held on 4-5 March and 11-12 March.
3. In addition to those players, the rest of the players comprising the top ten players in WP based on the TSA rankings will be invited to this 3rd round of trials.
4. In the event that this final trials group does not comprise at least 2 PDI players (in the sense that the term is understood by TSA) additional players will be invited to ensure that the final team of 6 contains at least 2 PDI players.
5. Should not all invited players be available, the joint committee reserves the right to invite additional players (who might not be in the top 10 WP players on the TSA ranking list).
We trust that you will appreciate that the late announcement of this exciting new initiative has enforced this change in previously announced processes. This promises to introduce an even more prestigious inter-provincial competition for junior players. Jointly, the WP junior Committee and the High Schools Tennis Committee look forward to making this tour the pinnacle of junior representative tennis in the Western Province. We trust that we can count on your support to achieve this. Please watch the website for further news regarding the trials and the final team.
WP SUMMER TOURNAMENT
This tournament has been completed.
WP PRIMARY SCHOOLS
2013 WPPS Teams
2013 WPPS Teams Information
2013 Europe Tennis Tour